Thursday, September 13, 2012

Public Speaking Class Week 1

Hello Families,

I had a wonderfully fun time with your daughters at our first public speaking class. I hope the girls shared about the Greek orator Demosthenes of Athens and all the struggles he had as a youth preparing to one day become a great speaker.

I barely had time to say something about elocution but fear not, we will cover more of that at Week 2. 

The girls had the opportunity to discuss the meaning of Poise, Eye Contact, Locution/Elocution, and Persuasiveness. The girls also critiqued two youth on the dvd program who gave thier opening speeches.

On Tuesday the  18th (week 2)  the girls will need to be at my home right at 12:30 so they can begin giving their own Self-Introduction speeches. I will be recording the performances (I hope) and each girl will receive a dvd at the end of the 12 weeks.


Please help your daughters prepare. The more time spent practicing, the less time is spent looking down at the outlines while preforming.


No comments:

Post a Comment