Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Tempest might come...

We have about 5 weeks left before this class experience finishes. I and Belinda have learned a few good lessons the past three weeks. The kids decided they wanted to act out The Tempest. All lines. The next week we did a lot of cutting and more acting and last week we decided it has to be geared to little children which will be the majority of the audience and I don't want it to run longer then 30 minutes. So the kids voted and decided to rewrite the play to be performed in about 20 minutes and then they will talk about what they learned, show things they made, etc..

Again I'm not sure if we will make it to an actual play for families to view. It will all depend on how prepared we are.

What I have personally learned is that I don't think acting department is for me. I like the organizing and preparing the timeline events but the acting is so alien to me. I'm really glad to have Belinda helping me and showing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment