Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First class, a nice success...

Nine youth attended our first day of Shakespeare this afternoon. Everything worked quite well. I am so happy to have Belinda helping me to make this a fun and educational encounter for the youth.

We held a getting to know you game that included the winning or losing of m&m's  as you answered the questions.

The kids did a fine job creating their personal time-lines covering the span of Williams life time.  We will use the binder each student received and the time-lines each week so do return with them every time.

A little impromptu acting, a short film of Shakespeare's famous plays as movies and as live theater.

Before we knew it the time was gone.  Wow. I enjoyed myself. I hope the kids will too.

ASSIGNMENT FOR the 21st:  Read the first act with all its scenes of The Merchant of Venice.

No comments:

Post a Comment